Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter And The One Whole Day Reading

I did wish Ron would die, leaving Hermione in the hands of Harry Potter. Let's face it. If he is not blessed to be gay, he might as well have the prettiest girl as his girlfriend. And I did wish that Harry Potter would not die. Neither would Hermione. And guess what, one of my wishes did not come true.

Lined up for my book at 6.40am, and I was already customer no.40. To fend talkative people who would blab out the spoiler, I blasted my MP3 out loud - letting Rihanna and her eh eh ella ella Umbrella to drown the voices around. No problem even at the cashier when I could pick up my order at Borders. And then, queued up for my free breakfast at Starbucks. And then, I saw it - this young girl, who sat down on an empty chair, already reading, like others in Starbucks. But she was starting with the last pages instead of the first chapter. I scrambled. Breakfast or no breakfast, I was not about to let anyone tell me the ending.

I did not avoid internet and switching on tv for nothing.

Skipped lunch and dinner and did my reading from 8 am and completed at 1030pm. Phew!

Kinda sad when Dobby died. Kinda felt bad for Fred. Why did they say that only 2 died? I had counted - there were more than 5. And the intense fightings and chasings throughout the whole book were fantastic.

Sure, HP was older now. Naughtier. Sexier. Oh wait! I was more thinking of Daniel Radcliffe. But still, naughtier and sexier. And godfather? Hmm.. I liked the fact that the author brought back a number of characters - Oliver Wood, Percy, Headless Nick, Dobby (Sob! I love you, Dobby!), Kreacher and more. Tying up loose ends, as well as making the characters gentler - Dudley and Kreacher. Liked my exact idea that Snape was good, and had acted on Dumbledore's order.

Still, now that this ends, my life can return back to normal. Which is basically back to surfing the net, drooling over cute guys, printing photos and more reading. : )

No comments: